2015 Coastal Carolina Bariatric Center Support Groups
The following support group dates will be held at Summerville Medical Center in Classroom 1 (back of the cafeteria). Support groups are for patients who have undergone Bariatric surgery (or may be considering it) and are looking for the support of other patients that can relate to their unique experiences. Support groups will include everything from protein parties and clothing exchanges, to having our nutritionist and exercise physiologist come in as a guest speaker. Please call our office at (843) 875-8994 for more information.
The support groups are open to all patients regardless of where you are in your journey. We encourage you to attend and to bring your significant other with you.
- January 6th: What is on your New Year,s Resolutions list? Have you thought walking in a 5k? How about a Virtual 5k, or starting the C25k program or maybe even taking part in the Cooper River Bridge Run?
- February 3rd: How do I deal with all of these physical and emotional changes after Bariatric Surgery?
Speaker: Kathi Peddicord, M.A., LPCI
- March 3rd: How to navigate the grocery store with our dietician Lauri Watson (tentative)
- April 7th: Spring Cleaning: The fridge, the pantry, your closets, your thoughts and your relationships
- May 5th: How long should I wait before having plastic surgery? Tentative speaker- local plastic Surgeon
- June 2nd: How do I break this plateau?
- July 7th: Supplements: Which ones should I take? Alex Franklin from Stravia Pharmaceuticals
- August 4th: How to identify weight loss barriers
- September 1st: Zumba led by Tracey Gandhi
- October 6th: Planning ahead for Healthy Eating
- November 3rd: 5th Annual CCBC Holiday Social and how to avoid Holiday Sabotage
- December 1st: Toning up for the Holidays and the New Year! Speaker from SMC Physical Therapy dept.