Coastal Carolina Bariatric & Surgical Center Support Group Meetings 2018, 6:00pm
The following support group dates will be held at Summerville Medical Center in Classroom 1 (back of the cafeteria). Support groups are for patients who have undergone Bariatric surgery (or may be considering it) and are looking for the support of other patients that can relate to their unique experiences. Support groups will include everything from protein parties and clothing exchanges, to having our nutritionist and exercise physiologist come in as a guest speaker. Please call our office at (843) 875-8994 for more information.
The support groups are open to all patients regardless of where you are in your journey. We encourage you to attend and to bring your significant other with you.
- January 9th → Curt Richards: Flexibility Class
- February 20th → Paul Mitchell studio→ Hair care/makeup tip, and makeovers!
- March 6th → Kari Saul, LPC: Body Dysmorphia
- April 3rd →Bariatric Fusion representative: supplements and shakes
- May 1st → Teresa Dullaghan: Yoga
- June 5th → Summer Cookout/Recipe share: Bring your favorite bariatric summer cookout dish and the recipe to share with the group
- July 10th→ Reintroducing starches back into your meal plan
- August 7th → ‘Share your Story’ group discussion
- September 11th → Kathi Peddicord “Living with Helena”
- October 2nd → Craft night! Topic TBA
- November 6th → Thanksgiving patient appreciation dinner
- December 4th → Gift exchange/TBA